Food Detective® is a blood test for food antibodies (IgG) that can be conveniently used in the clinic of a health professional. You don’t have to send off a sample and wait weeks to receive results from a testing laboratory.
The testing tray that shows if the patient has IgG antibodies to specific foods has areas spotted with food protein extracts. A small blood sample is taken from a finger-prick and is then diluted and added to the tray.
In subsequent steps, the use of detector and developer solutions identify the presence of food antibodies through the appearance of one or more blue spots on the tray. Reference to the food layout plan enclosed within the instructions allows you to identify any foods to which the patient may have an intolerance. Food Detective gives you your results in just 40 minutes.
Simple, safe, accurate and fast, Food Detective is the world’s first in-clinic test for food intolerance.
- Cereal - Corn, Durum Wheat, Gluten, Oats, Rice, Rye, Wheat.
- Nuts & Beans - Almond, Brazil Nut, Cashew, Cocoa Bean, Peanut, Legume Mix (pea, lentil, haricot), Soya Bean, Walnut.
- Meats - Beef, Chicken, Lamb, Pork.
- Fish - Freshwater Fish Mix (salmon, trout), Shellfish Mix (shrimp, prawn, crab, lobster, mussel), Tuna, White Fish Mix (haddock, cod, plaice).
- Vegetables - Broccoli, Cabbage, Carrot, Celery, Cucumber, Leek, Peppers (red, green, yellow), Potato.
- Fruits - Apple, Blackcurrant, Grapefruit, Melon Mix (cantaloupe, watermelon), Olive, Orange & Lemon, Strawberry, Tomato.
- Other - Egg (whole), Cow's Milk, Garlic, Ginger, Mushroom, Tea, Yeast.
Food Detective Instructional Video