Sick of being sick... wanting to boost your respiratory and immune systems and avoid colds, flus and even swine flu...?
Like taking herbal remedies and trying out new formulations...?
There are no known contraindications for our remedy, however you may have an allergy or intolerance to one of the ingredients.
The ingredients are
- Astragalus - may stimulate the immune system and boost the metabolism, relieve asthma and strengthen the lungs,
- Elecampane - traditionally used to treat asthma and alleviate bronchitis and coughs,
- Ginger - may reduce fever, inhibit inflammation and influenza and alleviate the symptoms of the common cold,
- Hyssop - traditionally used for colds and influenza,
- Mullein - traditionally used for asthma, bronchitis and coughs; as an expectorant and inhibits cold sores,
- Thyme - traditionally used to loosen congestion, alleviate coughs and stimulate the immune system,
- Colloidal Silver - is used to prevent and treat a wide range of bacterial and viral diseases,
- Zinc Chelate - is essential for the optimal function of the immune system,
- Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C) - alleviates asthma by reducing histamine and prevents respiratory infections,
- NZ Bush Honey - as a natural sweetener and for its many healing properties from our native flora, including soothing sore throats,
- Crisp Apple Juice - because a spoonful of sugar makes the medicine go down, and apple juice is gentle on your tum,
- Vegetable Glycerine - as a natural sweetener and humectant, it helps the herbs slide past a scratchy throat easier.
Dosage is 5ml for adults up to 4 times a day, 2.5ml for children.
For Babies, Pregnant and Breastfeeding Women, I recommend the child dose of 2.5ml in 100ml of hot water to evaporate the residual alcohol (a total of 4.5%) from the formulation.
Available in a 200ml amber glass bottle.
If using for a congested chest, I recommend combining my Elixir with my range of Chest Balms - Soothing Chest Balm for Adults, Children's Chest Rub or Babycare Colds & Coughs Chest Rub
This formulation was created when the Swine flu was doing the rounds in 2009, and was tested amongst my peers at Wellpark College, their families and clients as well as mine. The children enjoyed taking it and adults who had respiratory distress noticed a big improvement in their breathing.
My elderly neighbour (85) has recently been hospitalised with 2 boughts of pneumonia so she is now taking this to rebuild her lung strength and immune system and life is becoming normal for her again.